Amazon Ad - Running

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Training this Week - Part 1

I have done the first part of my running sessions for the week.

Earlier in the week I did a speed hill work session, when it was 2c but the wind chill made it 0c. This is not great when doing a hard effort with my heart rate and near my upper zone limit and then rapidly breathing in freezing cold air. Then yesterday I did an 8 mile run out in the countryside, it was like the blair witch project with no lights on most of the country lanes apart for the few runners head lamps and the few cars using these roads. I ended up doing it fairly fast for me and even managed a negative split.

The running I have planned to do as a cross country on Sunday morning, forgoing the cakes available afterwards and then driving to a football match (at local county youth level) and referee the game. As it is a cup game you can almost guarantee that it will go to extra time just because I did a race earlier in the day.

I have done a couple of short swims and bicycle sessions but I plan to do more of these sessions in the next few days.

No comments: