Amazon Ad - Running

Monday, January 22, 2007

Mmm Marmite Porridge

For breakfast this morning I had marmite porridge with added banana, raisins and some whey protein. Even people who like marmite (also known as yeast extract or similar to vegemite), go urrh to when I tell them what I had without even trying it for themselves.
It fairly nutritious as the only thing I can see is the increased salt from the marmite. There is the fibre from the porridge oats, calcium and protein from the skimmed milk used to make it, two of the recommended 5-a-day portions of fruit providing vitamins and minerals with bananas also having reported mood boosting properties.

I took this picture of the marmite porridge, the marmite can be mixed in more or you could add even more marmite.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's delicious.. people think I'm crazy especially given the fact that I'm Italian and just got used to the taste of marmite not very long ago.
I love marmite with everything!!
I don't use milk for the porridge just water.
I'm very glad I'm not alone in this :D

tobyabudd said...

We run a website for Porridge fans and picked up your blog, not tried it yet but will give it a go, have posted something about it on our site and invited feedback: http://porridgeclub.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/marmite-porridge/