Amazon Ad - Running

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturdays Running

On Saturday morning before breakfast (just had a light snack) I went out on the longest training run I have done since the Ultra Marathon.

I ran to a Parkrun 5km, which we were all surprised to find that there was a dog show where the course would be!!!

The organisers quickly made another course at the other end of the park. It was a 5 lap course with 2 inclines on each lap. I took it relatively easy pace for me as my goal today was the time/distance I was running.
So instead of waiting to queue up to give my name/race position to results person I did a few more laps as a warm down. I did 4 more laps which the queue was short by that point. After this I did 1 more lap to complete to 5km's on this course, the second set was only a few minutes longer.

Then a ran back doing a bit longer route on the way back part way through another park and around an industrial estate.

In total I did 13.7 miles (22 km) in 2:14 which makes it an average pace of 9:45 per mile. I was pleased with the distance and the amount of time is was on my feet for. However the last few miles felt tough and were at a slower pace this is due to the lack of long runs recently. For the next run of this distance I am tempted to use the run/walk method.

No comments: