Amazon Ad - Running

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Christmas Sea Swim

On Christmas Day morning (10:30am) I went for a charity swim at Lowestoft in the freezing North Sea.

There was quite a lot of spectators on the promenade before the swim, all nicely wrapped up and warm.
Crowd to the North




Crowd to the South


There was even a RNLI lifeboat there with lots of lifeguards aboard.

RNLI Lifeboat Head On

Event the lifeguards on the beach were wrapped up in lots of layers. The run down the beach my feet were already cold, as the sand was the coldest I have been on a beach barefooted.



Swim Photo 6

Afterwards I was glad to get dry and warm quickly. I was glad I kept the father Christmas hat on during the swim although I would have preferred to wear my wet suit and a couple of swim caps but that would not have been in the spirit of the swim.

Quick get dry

No comments: