Amazon Ad - Running

Monday, January 12, 2009

Back in Training

I am now back in training after nearly 3 weeks off during the Christmas and New year period. As tonight I did a swim session followed by a run.

The swim was 30 minute session alternating between with and without pull bouy. As it was my first session back instead of a 50:50 ratio I used a 2:3 ratio in favour of the pull bouy as I had a run to do afterwards. I felt fine in the swim and my technique was back to normal.

The run was a 4.5 mile (7 Km) loop in some light drizzle. It was nice to be out running again although half way round my somach muscles were starting to feel a bit sore perhaps the double session on my first day back in training was not such a great idea. I made it back round non stop which was my target today the time was not that great but at least it is a start.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Mark, love the blog. you have written some really great posts. What gym are you a member of in dublin. I'd love to hear your comments on our website for gyms in dublin. Thanks James