Amazon Ad - Running

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mid Week Long Run

Instead of doing my long at the weekend due to likely poor weather conditions I decided to do it again on a mid week evening after work.

I had a 18 mile (29 Km) run scheduled.

Which I could do various loops around the running club venue which allowed me to get the isotonic sports drinks that I brought with me. I mistkenly did the first few miles at half marathon pace and not a long slow run (LSR) pace.

I ended up with the last half of the run being a couple of minutes per mile slower than the first few miles including some walk breaks. For the run I did it in over 3 hours which averaged to 10:30 minute mile pace . This is about the pace I should have been training at but for each mile and not having extremes of pace.

The run was not helped by being undulating for the area and had 1978ft (602m) of ascent which was from about 7 noticeable hills or long inclines.

Needless to say the drink in the bar went down very fast.

No comments: