Amazon Ad - Running

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Post Outlaw

You also got a finisher t-shirt along with the medal, so you had to put that on immediately.

The Outlaw Triathlon 2010

The Outlaw Triathlon 2010

I was slightly shattered to say the least but I still had to collect my bags and bike from transition.

The Outlaw Triathlon 2010

You also got some more gels pack not sure if that is joke or not but will come in handy for other events/training.

The Outlaw Triathlon 2010

The post race food was cold pasta and some strange type if soup both with vegetables in. I tried some of the pasta but it did not taste good after all the stuff I had eating all day, shame it did look good the few times I saw it when running past the finish area.

Once I got these and past the security checks I handed the bags to my brother and I pushed the bike using it as a walking aid!! That was after I found it in the transition even though they were in number order.

The Outlaw Triathlon 2010

The Outlaw Triathlon 2010

After getting some fresh warm clothes on I had a recovery milkshake which was easier to digest. We then headed back to cheer on other triathletes who were then on their last or 2nd last laps.

The post race chips and cider tasted so good while sitting down, although getting up and down the steps was a bit interesting due to muscle fatigue.

The next day I did a bit of light swimming in the hotel pool before using the steam room and sauna to help my recovery.

I had no breakfast as I had planned to stop at an all you can eat restaurant on the way back home.

I settled for the 7 courses and a drink with each as was also free refills. The plan was to eat reasonable portion sizes of different foods to get essential protein, nutrients and minerals to aid with my recover. I think below is what I had but has become a bit blurred after eating it all, my stomach was even in worse state than during the triathlon the previous day.

I first dodged the salad and soup sections and went straight to the chip shop section followed by, grill, pizza, pasta, indian, roast dinner and a chocolate cake to finish me off.

That capped of a good weekend all round. Just need to review my performance.

No comments: