Amazon Ad - Running

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weekly Update

This week my % body fat has remained the same but I have put on 1 lb (0.5 Kg). This was better than expected due to the amount of party food I had over the weekend and lack of exercise.
I only did 3 hours of training last week, 2 hours of that was swimming and 1 hour was cycling. This was due to the bad weather and deciding not to do the planned long cycling event (325 miles / 520km).

However the swim did include a familiarisation swim at a lake that I will be doing a triathlon in a couple weeks time. This was a good practice as there was a bit of a wind but not much waves but there was a quite a noticeable swell in the water when swimming.
The main swim at the session was the shorter route (400m) but we got to swim from the start to the point when the longer swim which I will be doing (1500m) would continue and then to the shore and the exit to the transition area. We also practiced getting the wet suit off after swimming which was an unusual but useful thing to practice.

This week is on the way to increasing this time also with a long triathlon I am doing at the weekend.

No comments: