Amazon Ad - Running

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Week Off training due to injuries

I had a week off training due to the blister and pain in the muscles next to my knees also taking some NSAIDs to help. I believe this problem was caused by the extra load put on my knee's by doing the fast 10km, without any speedwork in the last month.
Also looking back at my training records I have also increased my mileage by about 20% than normal, although it is still under 30 miles per week. In the last few weeks I have also joined another local running group which is the main increase in the mileage although this tends to be at a more relaxed pace.

The last week it has been difficult not doing any training it felt weird sitting and watching television when it was nice outside.

I even missed a local 5km which I had already entered, as a few years ago this event was the first race I had ever done since leaving school.

However this evening I did 3.6 miles (6km) with a few hill repetitions without any major issues. Problems where getting back to exercising again and blister related. I will plan to ease back into training over the next few weeks.

No comments: