Amazon Ad - Running

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

10km Race on Saturday

At Midday on Saturday I did a 10km race at Rother Valley Country Park which is just to the east of Sheffield. The temperature at start of the race was at least 20C (68F) and their was a slight breeze. This meant on the two laps of the lakes some places their was a nice cooling wind and other places it was baking hot.
Therefore it would not be a surprise to know that I got surnburnt shoulders as I was not expecting it to be that warm.
Half way round the run the inside of my left foot started to feel sore but I carried on. I was wearing relatively new running trainers but I had worn them about 3 times and done at least 10 miles (16 km) in them.
However when I completed the race I found that I had a fairly large blister (1cm by 2cm) on the inside of my left foot which had already burst. This required me to get some first aid at the event, this was the first time I needed first aid at any race.

I was quite pleased with my time (considering the above) based on my watch when I started and crossed the lines I was only 15 seconds away from my PB.

I may have some photos from this race in the next week, as I was wearing a distinctive stroke association running top.

No comments: