Amazon Ad - Running

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Skipton Sprint Triathlon

On Sunday morning I did the Skipton Sprint Triathlon, this is a 400m swim (16 lengths), 20km cycle (12 miles) and a 5 km run (3 miles) which was based in Skipton, North Yorkshire.

The swim was good an I completed it in 9 minutes which was my target time. However the swim split is over 5 minutes longer as this includes the time from running from the pool to the transition area which was about 200m away With also the time getting the bike stuff on and running about 100m up a grass slope with cycle shoes on pushing your bike.

My GPS shows the cycle route about 1.2 miles (1.8km) further than the race distance stated. However it was nice scenery (along A59 to West Marton, then South and back north east along A56/A59) but also undulating with a few step hills to go up and some bumpy road surfaces. I was managing to use my aero bars where possibly, with my average speed for the course as over 17 mph (27 kmph).

My GPS also shows the run as slightly shorter 0.5 mile (0.75km) but this could be due to when I started the distance from the T2 (transition 2). This was 3 out and back loops within a park. This was mainly running on grass which had some undulations and also a distinct slope to one side plus some along a footpath.

This was the first time I was wearing the distinctive Pirate kit and will be wearing this at Ironman UK, along with a few other people.

I may have some more race photos available next week.

No comments: