Amazon Ad - Running

Friday, January 08, 2010

Run to and from work in the Snow

Today I ran to and from work in the snow and sub freezing temperatures. It was only 2.6 miles (4.2 km) but it was the first time I had run or done any exercise in the last two weeks. Each way took me about 32 minutes but on the way back I was stopping to take some photos (see below). It was also a good stability and strength exercise for my ankles due to the uneven surfaces and also my concentration, as I did not want to slip over.

I do not know if it was the lack of exercise or the conditions but my legs muscles felt fatigued more than normal but I was carrying a bit extra weight since my last run plus my ruck sack.

Due to the cold temperatures (-3c) and wind chill (-9c) I had a number of layers on below is what I had on, I was nice and warm.

5 tops (one was a waterproof and another was a reflective top)
3 pairs of socks (two knee length with one being referee socks)
2 pairs of full length leggings
2 buff scarfs
2 pairs of gloves
1 hat
1 pair of astroturf trainers (no breathable mesh on them)


There was even snow in Trinidad and Tobago, well this is as close that will happen.


Trinidad and Tobago with Snow!!


Looking back at the sun setting.

Sun Setting


Where did the path go?

Where is the path?


Snow covered tree with clear sky.

Tree, Blue Sky and Snow


View looking back with the sun almost set.

Sun Setting


With all the snow and ice the local Tesco Express and Chip Shop (also Chinese take away) are open :-) I only stopped to take the photo.

Tesco and Chip Shop


A snow bank.

Snow Bank

and finally Mr Plow.

Mr Plow

No comments: