Amazon Ad - Running

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Two 45 minute Speed Sessions

Thursday night I was a neutral assistance referee (linesman) on the FA Womens Premier League (Southern) game, this was my second game at this level. It was a good game and I enjoyed the match. I had my new Ironman watch on one arm and another referee watch on the other.
I thought it was a good speed session as you have to control you pace while maintaining appropriate positioning along the touchline and the view of the play.

As the ground was still hard I was using non studded footwear which was ok until occasionally when a rapid change of direction was required. On certain parts of the touchline I nearly lost my footing a couple of times.

Afterwards there was not much food their I liked, so after I filled up my car at the nearby petrol station I thought I would get something from their food section. However as it was after 10pm it had all been sold.
After about 5 minutes of driving along the motorway my cars accelerator cable broke. :-(
I managed to get it safely to the side of the road and within 30 minutes the recovery service had arrived and fitted a temporary cable.
So by the time I got to my house it was after Midnight.

The following day I was able to get the correct cable fitted, however it costed just over twice what my fee was the previous night.

No comments: