Amazon Ad - Running

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Parkrun in the Sunshine

Last weekend I took part in the Parkrun 5km in East Anglia. I did a 2 mile run around my old middle school (knocked down and now houses their) "cross country" route. Strange I now just use it as a warm up and do not stop like the lots I times I used to. I was taking it easy and was about 2 minutes off my PB at this course, so afterwards I took some photos of the event from about 1/3 down the course.

The run starts just to the left of this and is also run past on the second lap.

Parkrun Gorleston

After this you go over the bridge, luckily you only run past it on the way back and not up the road!!

Parkrun Gorleston

The view looking down on the bridge.

Parkrun Gorleston

You then continue to run a bit further along the top path before going along the middle path along the cliff before returning along the promenade.

Parkrun Gorleston

Parkrun Gorleston


You then run past the finish and up a slope to start the second and last lap following the same route.

Parkrun Gorleston

There is even a pirate ship you run past twice.

Parkrun Gorleston

Parkrun Gorleston

Unusually the sun was glistening of a flat North Sea!!

Parkrun Gorleston

Parkrun Gorleston

Parkrun Gorleston


Then on the second lap with the finish line in sight sprint to the line.

Parkrun Gorleston

Don't forget to stop after crossing the finish line.
Parkrun Gorleston

No comments: