Amazon Ad - Running

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Long Runs Mid Week

Today I ran 20 miles (32 Km). I did 10 miles (16km) before breakfast and started while it was still dark and tonight I did another 10 miles before dinner, ending in the dark.


There was three 5 mile routes that I did during this and ranged from 5.01 to 5.1 miles yet the average pace for each strangely was the same (to the nearest second), now that's even pacing.

The last 3 miles I started to feel my legs muscles strain a bit.

Unusually for me I only had one isotonic sports drink with me during all the runs. The run in the morning I had a cup of tea with 2 sugars in just to wake me up a bit, then during the day I was staying hydrated and eating smaller snacks through the day which fuelled me for tonight's session.

No comments: