Amazon Ad - Running

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First Sub 21 Minute Parkrun

At the Parkrun 5km in Gorleston I recently went sub 21 minutes for the first time at a Parkrun in a time of 20:56. This improved my course PB by 49 seconds!!

I went off at a fast pace for the first mile and slowed down by just 30 seconds per mile for the second mile but this include the one major incline up the cliff side. For the third mile I picked up the pace and was just a few seconds away from the pace of the first mile.
With the finish in sight I picked up the pace even further for the last 1/2 mile or so. At this point I was breathing heavily so there was no possibility of a sneaky sprint finish to beat the next person as they could here me coming from a distance.

Each of the last 3 runs at this venue I have set a PB based on that and the quick time I decided not to do this event the following week.

Strangely this was the day before taking part in the Fritton Lake Olympic Distance Triathlon and a few hours before helping out in my nephews football birthday party.

No comments: