Amazon Ad - Running

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NFL Wembley

On Sunday I then went to Wembley to watch the first regular season game to be played outside North America. It was between New York Giants and the "home" side Miami Dolphins. The home team had brought there normal home game commentator, there sound alerts for during the game and about 40 cheerleaders. Flickr has a number of photos of the event.

By the time I got to Wembley I had already that day travelled by bus, coach, train and tube plus walking about 1 mile.

The game and the whole event was great. Our seats were to the left of one of the ends and in a higher tier which gave great views of the complete field.

I am not sure how good larger, chips and hot dog is good for either recovery food or carbohydrate loading.

I had worked out how long it would take me to get to the airport from here. However I did not take into account that I would have to wait at the stadium station for 30 minutes.
I then had to run up and down stairs and escalators and other sections between the tube, train and airport. I just made the check-in by a few seconds and just got to the gate when they opened it for boarding.

I did not get to my hotel at Dublin until 30 minutes after midnight with a planned wake up time of 6:30am.

No comments: