Amazon Ad - Running

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Speed Night and June 2008 Training

Tonights training turned out to be speed based.

When I got to the swimming pool the normal medium pace lanes where already quite full yet one of the fast lanes only had three people in it. So I decided to go in the fast lane. I was able to keep up with the pace in this lane, although I did have took take a longer rest period during the last few of my 100m reps.

Then after this I went out for a running session in the light rain. I did a speed session of 800m reps which I did 5 with a 2 minute rest period between is rep. This felt tough by the third rep due to the fact I have not done this type of session for at least half a year. I was able to complete my planned session.

I then went to the bar at the leisure centre and after 20 minutes England were already 2-0 down, in the end they lost and did not qualify for the Euro 2008 championships.

At least I will have more time for races and training next June.

No comments: