Amazon Ad - Running

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gosport Half Marathon

I only signed up for this race only a few days beforehand so only had 3 or 4 days to train for this race.

It was a good fast race subject to the weather. As most of the run was through and round an airfield, before a few miles along the seafront. Luckily it was only slightly cold and not much wind.

We went off at a fast pace which I thought I would not be able to maintain a few weeks after a marathon. So I slowed down and help pace another club runner. We were still going at a fast pace and we occasionally could see other runners from the club as the course looped around which every one of them was running strong.

In the last few miles we picked up the pace and ended up with a time of 1:52 which was a few minutes quicker than their existing PB. With a bit more serious training I could make an attempt at my half marathon PB!!

No comments: