Amazon Ad - Running

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Training Conditions

The cycle training on Sunday was interesting as it started and finished in spring sunshine but had hail and strong winds at the worst possible time. As I was starting descend a step hill (14%) on my bike when I was doing 32mph (45 km/h) without peddling and using my brakes.

I then did a 10km off road race which I was about 18 minutes late for the start due to the cycling being harder than expected. The run also had a few hills as well but I was able to make my target goal time for this event.

The cycle training was 1 lap of the IMUK course and the run was in the grounds of Sherborne Castle where the IMUK run first half takes place and finishes.

Then on Monday while out running it started to snow when we where half way round a 5 mile (8km) route.

Hopefully the rest of the training this week and will be in better weather conditions.

No comments: