Amazon Ad - Running

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Half Marathon Last Weekend

Last weekend I did the Stafford Half Marathon (13.1 Miles / 21km). I thought it would be a nice flat route after previously living in the area for 3 years. I couldn't have been more wrong.
I only recognised about 1.5 miles of it, this was mostly the start/finish area which was in the town center (my map of the route).

The route was nice and scenic and was out in countryside and was fairly undulating. From my GPS device it was about 45% ascents, 35% descents and 20% flat. I think the flat bit must have been at the end after you had already done a lot of undulating route.

As a result my time 1:45 was 5 minutes slower than planned plus my leg muscles felt a lot more tired than expected.

I also tried wearing new kit for the first time at the race, all recommendations advice against this. It was great for carrying my powerbar gels in its back pockets. However cycling tops where not designed for running and therefore kept riding up my torso.

No comments: