Amazon Ad - Running

Sunday, April 22, 2007

This Weeks Training

This week I have done over 9 hours of training. It was slightly more on the running with over 505 of the time but 35% of the time was swimming including a session in a 50m pool. The cycle was relatively small at 15% but this was only a short ride and a 20km (12.6 miles) part of a duathlon.
This was my first multi sport event of the year. I was using the aero bars which did provide useful even in the slight headwind and managed to average 17 mph (27 kmh) for the course, this average was lowered by the time I spent in transition.
I did chase down a person in the last few hundred meters of the race and overtook him with just 1 step from the finish line. :-)
When refereeing the match I also had my GPS/HRM on, which surprisingly I did 5.7 miles (9.1km) during the match, although the overall pace was a lot slow there was a lot of speed bursts.

I will have a bit of rest now after having the Duathlon, long Swim and referee Match all on the same day.

No comments: